Tuesday, July 12, 2005

God Loves A Humble Christian

Some thoughts on humility a late summer evening...

"Thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity,whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones."
(Isa 57:15)

What a wonderful thing! God is close to those - yes he lives and dwells with those who are humble and who have a contrite spirit. The apostle Peter said, "God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble." (1Pe 5:5 )

I'm asking myself this question today, and so should you: "Am I humble enough? Do I fear God enough? Have I repented from every sin in my life?" I know what the answer is... I need more humility, more fear of God and to have more sorrow for the things I do wrong.

As Solomon said: "The fear of the LORD is to hate evil." (Pro 8:13) We who call ourselves Christians need to identify Satan's tricks, we should hate the worldly things that are designed by him, and seek the Kingdom of God. Some Christians misuse Paul's words, saying, "All things are lawful unto me." (1Cr 6:12). They say that they don't believe in "works", though the Bible plainly states that "faith without works is dead." (Jam 2:26).

The Lord Jesus Christ says, "If ye love me, keep my commandments." (Jhn 14:15) He was later quoted by John, who wrote, "For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous." (1Jo 5:3)

His commandments are not hard... if you're a Christian. Works only show that you have Faith. That's why Faith without works is dead! If the works aren't there, then there's something wrong with your faith.

If you're a Christian, you will be like Christ. Your life will grow more and more into His likeness as you progress in your spiritual walk. Faith will produce works - a born again Christian will produce Christ!

And Christ was humble. Jesus says: "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you." (Jhn 15:12) Let us love one another, then, with brotherly love. Be humble and kind, forgiving one another, remembering that Jesus Christ forgave us.

Humility is one of the signs that you're a true Christian!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home