Thursday, April 28, 2005

Power of Confession

Yesterday I knelt on the floor by my bed to pray. But something hindered me. I couldn't pray... I felt condemned by a lie, a half-truth that I told a friend of mine some time ago.

For him it was not a big deal probably, but I just couldn't bear to keep on in that lie. I was reminded of these words from the Bible:


"For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all
things.

Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence
toward God.

And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep
his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight."

1st John 3,20-22



I knew that my heart condemned me - and I knew what I had to do. I had to make it right. So the only thing I could do was to pray for strength. Because this was not easy for me.

This morning I made it right (praise God), and my heart doesn't condemn me anymore. And the person I confessed this to was not angry with me at all, and was surprised that this had been bothering me so much. But now I'm free and I feel victory. Satan doesn't want us to tell the truth. But as Christians we should. We gain victory by walking in the light! Thank God for that still small voice that's leading us on!


"If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with
another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

1st John 1,7



Hallelujah! Thank you Jesus! I am walking in the light again, and the blood of Jesus is cleansing me from all sin.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Erlend,

Thanks for visiting my space, and thanks also for your comments. I'm so happy to hear that you are so committed to prayer. I know the power in prayer and yet I still hinder myself from it out of fear and self doubt. It's something that I need to work on. Thanks for taking the time to read my post and comment on it. I really appreciated it. God bless you ^_^

4:33 PM  
Blogger John said...

Thank you 'E' for visiting and your encouraging comments, they are deeply appreciated!

Love the blog and the content, keep posting and encouraging others!

God Bless You And Yours

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home